Big data is nothing unknown already.
It’s statistics applied to real life and making touchable conclusions (most of them already guessed but impressively mind-lighting) out of them.
- No need to select a sample out of the universe. You work with the whole universe as a unique sample
- Information Technology. We can now handle massive amount of data to get converted into real information
- Internet. We make data public, accesible, usable and integrable
- Geeks and mathematicians. They are to be the same thing
- Data and algorithms used to work them out are to be day to day word of mouth